Creekside Village Is the Right Choice with Impressive Statistics
Creekside Village is affordable yet provides access to Whistler’s residents and visitors. The tenant and merchandise mix is focused on unique brands and uses creating a “Must Visit” atmosphere.
Creekside Village is the largest retail complex at the south end gateway of the municipality catering to the luxury family traveller and the growing residential areas of Kadenwood and Cheakamus Crossing. Plus the Whistler Official Community Plan does not include any further retail development south of Creekside Village. Long-term existing tenants include the popular Creekside Market, a full service grocery store; BC Government Liquor Store; Scotiabank; Starbucks; Canski and all the resort amenities, such as the Creekside Gondola, draw traffic.
The rent at Creekside Village is as little as ¼ the rent in Whistler Village. What does that mean for your business? Let’s assume your ideal rent to sales ratio is 6%. Your sales volume would have to be up to 24 times greater in Whistler Village as compared to Creekside Village to obtain your sales ratio. That is a tremendous volume difference and comes with great risk. A location in Whistler Creekside Village minimizes your business risk.
But you still get a captive, affluent consumer base nearby. The more than 350 rooms and over 1700 ‘pillows’ in the resort hotels surrounding Creekside Village plus the other condos and lodging means an estimated annual potential consumer base of approximately 200,000. Said differently, if that were an equivalent sized city, the area around Creekside Village would be the 5th largest in BC according to Statistics Canada. That is an impressive number! That is where you want a location.
Here is another impressive number. Visitors to Whistler spend, on average, $350 per person per day, in addition to travel and accommodation. This is an affluent consumer prepared to spend.
Whistler Creekside Village offers 1400 free surface and underground parking stalls to serve regional day visitors. This is a unique amenity in the resort as most lots are paid parking. This attracts day use visitors to the Creekside area.
The four hotels located just steps to Creekside Village are all ranked in the top 10 in Whistler, including First Tracks, the #1 ranked hotel by Trip Advisor. The award winning First Tracks is favoured by the luxury and celebrity traveller due to its amenities and location adjacent the Creekside Gondola and Creekside Village. See the Trade Area Map and Plans HERE.
You Should Know:
- Average per day consumer spend is $350 per visitor to Whistler.
- Total potential market size in the immediate area is an equivalent population of approximately 200,000. This is a significant market for almost any business.
- Rental rates at Whistler Creekside Village are significantly less than Whistler Village and Whistler Village North.
- The immediate market is affluent.
- The 1,400 adjacent FREE parking stalls are a natural draw for regional visitors and consumers driving from Whistler.
- The municipality continues to grow to the south but there are no new commercial areas planned in the Official Community Plan.
- The average household income in Whistler is $78,024 – well above the average provincial income of $67,675.
- Estimated Potential Market Calculation used the entire Whistler resort statistics for hotel accommodations plus area residents and other lodgings information. For example, for just the four hotels the calculation is: 352 rooms X 50% occupancy X 365 nights X 2.5 guests per room per night = 160,600
- Valid at the time of writing